The Institute of Leadership & Management is the professional membership body for an active, international community of over 50,000 leaders, managers, coaches and mentors – but we are much more than a professional body. We create world–class tools and resources to help unlock individual and business potential, deliver award–winning e–learning, and undertake practical research to support, develop and inspire great leadership everywhere.
We are a registered charity and governed by a board of trustees. The Institute of Leadership & Management was founded in 1947, and reclaimed its independent status as a professional body in 2016. This independence has enabled The Institute to become closer to its members, better support their leadership development, produce cutting–edge research, evidence–based learning resources and to campaign more effectively for great leadership everywhere.
John Mark Williams - CEO
CEO John Williams is a problem solver and strategist who joined The Institute from a career in international business and leadership development across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Far East and North America.
John is a passionate advocate of servant leadership and deeply curious about emergent strategy, predictive analytics, punctuated equilibrium and other baffling business things – he is fascinated by the prospects for artificial intelligence and the future of work.
John holds an MBA from the University of Northumbria and has been guest lecturer in strategy and international business at universities in the UK and Europe for over two decades.
He has appeared on radio and television in the UK and overseas, and has been published in titles including Huffington Post, City AM, Entrepreneur Country Online and others.
Expertise - John provides expert commentary, analysis and information on any aspect of workplace leadership and management issues. This includes:
Agility • Leadership skills gap
Diversity and inclusion
Veterans finding employment in civilian organisations
Leadership learnings from sport
- Jay Ludditt (Marketing Director) - [email protected]
- Twitter: @InstituteLM
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/theinstitutelm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theinstitutelm/
- Vimeo: Inst of Leadership & Management
- Podcasts: https://www.institutelm.com/research-news/podcasts.html
Our mission is to inform, inspire and impact great leadership everywhere through our award–winning leadership development tools such as MyLeadership, an extensive original research and events programme, leadership capability recognition, and leadership programme accreditation.
Leadership is a journey, not a destination. We recognise that leadership takes place across all levels in an organisation. This is why we work with all leaders wherever they are on their leadership journey, from first– time or aspiring leaders, to C–suite managers.
We’re passionate about inspiring great leadership across all sectors; from healthcare to finance and not–for profit organisations to universities, we work with members and organisations spanning a wide range of sectors to help them, or their employees, become better leaders.
- The Institute of Leadership & Management was founded in 1947 and celebrates 75 years of inspiring great leadership everywhere in 2022
- We have an active international community of over 50,000
- We host hundreds of events, webinars, seminars, workshops and conferences each year
- We produce authoritative, well–respected, high-quality research reports
- Our five Dimensions of Leadership – Authenticity, Vision, Achievement, Ownership and Collaboration – help leaders to achieve successful outcomes in the private, public or voluntary sector
Innovation and ‘people over profit’ set to become key business priorities over the next decade
16 December 2020
Future Trends in Leadership & Management: Flexible Working
15 February 2021
Future Trends in Leadership & Management: Shifting Priorities
16 December 2020