Our new research on Trust
With trust being an issue that is ever present in the news headlines, The Institute decided to revisit this topic and undertake fresh research to provide useful insights into the current perceptions of the trustworthiness of today’s organisations and their leaders.
Our Press Releases
Access to world-class, online, leadership learning set to mobilise new generation of Nigerian entrepreneurs
- 10 April 2019
- 13 August 2018
- 10 July 2018
- 06 June 2018
- 27 November 2017
- 27 September 2017
- 17 August 2017
Press Release: Do As I Say Not As I Do – Nearly Half of UK Managers’ Moods Impact on their Colleagues
- 14 February 2017
Institute of Leadership & Management study finds one third of workers plan to leave their current job in 2016
- 01 January 2016
Institute of Leadership & Management and Maudsley Learning collaborate to improve mental health in the workplace
Institute of Leadership & Management launches units allowing people at all levels to better recognise and manage mental health at work
- 01 November 2015
Remote teams are held back by poor communication and misuse of technology
- 01 October 2015
Over 50s are seen to lack leadership potential, despite strong skills and experience
- 08 June 2015
The Institute of Leadership & Management is a world-renowned specialist membership body that raises professional standards of more than 30,000 leaders, managers, coaches and mentors. We are a registered charity and governed by a board of trustees.
Expertise: Kate provides expert commentary, analysis and information on any aspect of workplace leadership and management issues, coaching or enterprise. This includes:
- Flexible working (including shared parental leave, remote working and flexible hours)
- Workers’ mental health, neurodiversity and mindfulness
- Workplace behaviour (for example, office ‘banter’)
- Gender pay gap
- Social responsibility
- Employing veterans in civilian jobs
- Talent development and training
- Building workplace trust
- Gender equality
- Bullying and harassment
- Succession planning
- Age diverse workplace (from older workers tomillennials)
Phil is Chief Executive of The Institute of Leadership & Management.
Phil leads the organisation in its aim to connect like-minded people with the shared purpose of inspiring great leadership everywhere. Previously, Phil was CEO at various professional and awarding bodies in sectors as diverse as construction and social work.
Phil embodies the values of The Institute of Leadership & Management - vision, collaboration, achievement, ownership and authenticity – and encourages these in others.
Expertise: Phil can comment on anything relating to The Institute of Leadership & Management.
- Pippa Hanson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Aldridge - email@example.com
- Carolyn Howgego - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @InstituteLM
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/institutelm/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theinstitutelm/
- Vimeo: Inst of Leadership & Management
- Podcasts: https://www.institutelm.com/research-news/podcasts.html
To inspire great leadership. Everywhere.
Leadership is a journey, not a destination. We recognise that leadership takes place at all levels in an organisation. This is why we work with all leaders wherever they are on their leadership journey, from early engagers to members of senior leadership teams.
We’re passionate about inspiring great leadership across all sectors. From healthcare to finance and not-for profit organisations to schools, we work with members across our five dimensions and 49 components to help them become better leaders.
We also support employers and military veterans to give them the help they need to create a smooth and positive move from the Armed Forces into a civilian career.
- Established in 1947
- We help individuals and organisations with their leadership development
- Over 30,000 members
- We host regualr events, webinars, seminars, conferences and focus groups
- Produce approximately four research reports annually
- More than 10% of Institute members are serving or have served in the Armed Forces
- Our five Dimensions of Leadership help leaders to achieve successful outcomes in any private, public or voluntary sector. These are: authenticity, vision, achievement, ownership and collaboration.
- 06 September 2014
Despite an identified leadership talent gap, older workers are often being overlooked when it comes to being seen as having the potential to progress through an organisation.
Once seen as something only for carers or the less career-minded, flexible working is steadily becoming the norm across the board.