The Institute of Leadership & Management is a world-renowned specialist membership body that raises professional standards of more than 30,000 leaders, managers, coaches and mentors. We are a registered charity and governed by a board of trustees.
ILM, the UK's largest awarding organisation of leadership qualifications, part of the City & Guilds group, is a strategic partner of The Institute of Leadership & Management.
Expertise: Kate provides expert commentary, analysis and information on any aspect of workplace leadership and management issues, coaching or enterprise. This includes:
- Flexible working (including shared parental leave, remote working and flexible hours)
- Workers’ mental health, neurodiversity and mindfulness
- Workplace behaviour (for example, office ‘banter’)
- Gender pay gap
- Social responsibility
- Employing veterans in civilian jobs
- Talent development and training
- Building workplace trust
- Gender equality
- Bullying and harassment
- Succession planning
- Age diverse workplace (from older workers tomillennials)
Phil is Chief Executive of The Institute of Leadership & Management.
Phil leads the organisation in its aim to connect like-minded people with the shared purpose of inspiring great leadership everywhere. Previously, Phil was CEO at various professional and awarding bodies in sectors as diverse as construction and social work.
Phil embodies the values of The Institute of Leadership & Management - vision, collaboration, achievement, ownership and authenticity – and encourages these in others.
Expertise: Phil can comment on anything relating to The Institute of Leadership & Management.
- Pippa Hanson - email@example.com
- Luke Aldridge - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jane Nicholson-Biss - email@example.com
To inspire great leadership. Everywhere.
Leadership is a journey, not a destination. We recognise that leadership takes place at all levels in an organisation. This is why we work with all leaders wherever they are on their leadership journey, from early engagers to members of senior leadership teams.
We’re passionate about inspiring great leadership across all sectors. From healthcare to finance and not-for profit organisations to schools, we work with members across our five dimensions and 49 components to help them become better leaders.
We also support employers and military veterans to give them the help they need to create a smooth and positive move from the Armed Forces into a civilian career.
- Established in 1947
- More than 30,000 global members
- Host hundreds of events, webinars, seminars, conferences and focus groups each year
- Produce approximately four research reports annually
- More than 10% of Institute members are serving or have served in the Armed Forces
- Our five Dimensions of Leadership help leaders to achieve successful outcomes in any private, public or voluntary sector. These are: authenticity, vision, achievement, ownership and collaboration.
Our Press Releases
- 13 August 2018
- 10 July 2018