Our Environmental and Sustainability Commitments.
At The Institute of Leadership & Management, we believe that ethical practices are a key component to great leadership, which is why we take our impact on the environment, and other suitability issues, seriously.
We are therefore committed to reducing our negative environmental impacts and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all, it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards; customers, employees, the local community and future generations.
To support this goal, we:
- Actively encourage our community of leaders and managers to take social responsibility and promote sustainable leadership throughout their business.
- Publish and promote thought leadership on issues related to ethical and sustainable leadership.
- We have a hybrid working policy, where team members are encouraged to work remotely, from home, wherever possible, minimising travel and reducing carbon emissions.
- Encourage our employees be aware of environmental issues and minimise their energy consumption whilst working at home, for example: turning off laptops when not in use, share documents and collaborate digitally where possible, etc.
- Print our quarter Journal, EDGE, on FSC approved paper, from responsible sources. We also encourage members to choose a digital copy of Edge, rather than hardcopy.
- Communicate with our customers electronically wherever possible to reduce the use of paper and postage services.
- Provide all employees with the opportunity to give back and support local communities with 2 paid volunteer days each year.
We are continually looking to improve our environmental and sustainability commitments, and are happy to consider any further suggestions and ideas.