Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions of website use (terms) apply to your use of www.InstituteLM.com (our site) and to any declarations you make when using our site to apply for membership (see Section C). By using our site, you agree to abide by these terms.
Section A: Registered web user terms and conditions
If you register as a website user of www.InstituteLM.com, you may participate in our online community and tailor your preferences to topics that interest you. As a registered website user, you agree to abide by the following principles:
1. The community exists to provide a place for discussing leadership and management, leadership and management development, and related topics. Please keep any material you post on topic.
2. As the community is work-related, members may mention their expertise and services where it is relevant or justified by a discussion. It does not exist for members to directly promote their own services, or to provide free advertising. If we believe this has happened we may remove the material without notice to you.
3. Your conduct in the community should be professional, polite, and courteous to other members. We do not allow abusive or threatening language, personal attacks or discriminatory comments relating to particular groups. Examples of this include racist or sexist language.
4. You are responsible for your own user profile and for updating the information you enter online. Please do not disclose your personal address or other personal contact details in the public forum for security reasons.
5. The community is passively moderated; the Institute does not view any material before it is posted, however, we may choose to read material from time to time and participate in the community as appropriate. We may remove any material that we believe to be offensive, misleading, or which may infringe any of the community terms and conditions.
6. If we remove any materials posted by a user, we may elect to moderate any further materials posted by that user (without notice) for a reasonable period of time. In this case, new materials will only be posted once we have reviewed and approved them.
7. If you wish to flag any materials or conduct as inappropriate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing as much information as possible, including a link to such materials. We will consider your complaint as soon as reasonably possible, and take such action as we believe to be appropriate.
8. The Institute of Leadership & Management is not in any way responsible for any user-generated content on this community site, or for its accuracy. While the Institute may monitor and moderate the site from time to time, all material posted is and remains the responsibility of the person who posted the content and that person is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the content, and that complies with these terms and the law.
Section B: general terms and conditions
1. Information about us
www.InstituteLM.com is a site operated by The Institute of Leadership & Management (we or our or us). We are registered as a charity in England and Wales (Reg. No. 248226) and in Scotland (Reg. No. SC039693). Our registered office is located at Pacific House, Relay Point, Wilnecote, Tamworth, B77 5PA.
2. Information about you and your visits to our site
3. Accessing our site
a. If you choose or are provided with a user name, password or other piece of security information, you must treat such information as confidential. We may disable any user name or password at any time if, in our reasonable opinion, you are in breach of these terms.
b. We may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
c. We may suspend, amend, or withdraw any service or content provided through our site without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, our site is unavailable at any time for any period.
4. Intellectual property rights
a. We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and the content published on it. Such works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
b. You may print a copy and download extracts of any pages from our site for your personal reference, provide you acknowledge The Institute of Leadership and Management as the copyright owner of such materials.
c. You must not use any content on our site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a written licence from us to do so.
d. If you wish to enquire about using any content on our site, please contact email@example.com
a. ‘The Institute of Leadership & Management’, and ‘Leading Edge’ are registered trade-marks, and may not be used without obtaining prior written permission from us.
b. If you wish to enquire about using a trade mark owned by us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Linking to our site
a. You may link to our homepage, provided you do not do so in a way that suggests any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
b. Our site must not be framed on any other site.
7. Links from our site
Links from our site to third party websites are provided for your reference only. We have no control over the contents or availability of those websites, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
8. Our liability
a. The content shown on our site is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without any representations, guarantees, or warranties - including warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose.
b. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
i. all conditions, warranties, and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law, or the law of equity;
ii. any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, or inability to use, our site, including (without limitation) any liability for loss of: income or revenue; business; profit or contracts; anticipated savings; data; goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This provision does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
9. Viruses and hacking
a. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing computer viruses or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
b. Breach of this provision may amount to an offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, and we may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with them.
c. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any virus or other malicious or technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We may revise these terms from time to time at our discretion. The terms posted on this page at the time of your use of our site shall apply.
11. Contacting us
12. Applicable law
These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Section C: membership terms and conditions
If applying through the website to become a member of The Institute of Leadership & Management you agree in addition to the following condition:
I declare that the statements made are correct and I understand that membership will be rescinded if the information is later found to be false or misleading. If I am admitted into membership, I agree that I will be governed by The Institute’s Code of Conduct and regulations. I will promote and support The Institute of Leadership & Management in its mission to inspire great leadership.
Section D: events terms and conditions
1. Registering for an event
To register onto one of our events you are required to have an online account. If you are a current member or have an existing Institute of Leadership and Management online user account, login to make a booking. If you are a new user, an account will be created for you as part of making your booking. You will be provided with the opportunity to specify interest areas and receive mailings about future relevant events.
Your account information will be stored in our database and will be subject to the overall terms and conditions outlined above and in our privacy statement available to view on the website.
Full payment for registration is required prior to the event start date.
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the Institute of Leadership and management. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email Jane.Nicholson-Biss@InstituteLM.com, in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
Cancellation by us
The Institute of Leadership and Management reserves the right to modify or cancel any event if unforeseen circumstances arise. If we cancel an event we shall inform you as soon as possible using the contact details provided to us and offer you a full refund. The Institute of Leadership and Management is not liable for any additional costs incurred by you related to this event – including travel, accommodation or subsistence.
Cancellation by you
All cancellations must be made in writing via email to events@InstituteLM.com and are subject to our cancellation policy. Cancellations made up to 2 weeks prior to the event will be entitled to a full refund. Cancellations made between 2 weeks and 1 week from the event will be entitled to a 50% refund. Unfortunately cancellations made less than 1 week from the event will be non-refundable.
No charge events
All events are costly to set up, even those for which there is 'no charge'. If you register but find you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible.
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our cancellation policy.
We welcome a wide range and diversity of views but opinions offered by presenters do not necessarily reflect the views of The Institute of Leadership and Management.